- Ayurvedic clinical profile of COVID-19 A preliminary report-Final
- Some Important Research Papers In Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic clinical profile of COVID-19 – A preliminary report
- Android application of charaka samhitha sampurna ( with english translation)
- Android Application of Medicinal Plants for Ayurveda Students
- LOHASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- LODHRASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUTAJARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUMARYASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KHADIRARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KANAKASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- JIRAKADYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DURALABHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DRAKSHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DHANWANTARARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DEVADARVYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DASAMULARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DANTYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
Ayurvedic Herbs for Diabetes
Ayurveda recommends some herbs to be beneficial in controlling blood sugar level.
Herbs Useful in Diabetes
Below are some of the useful herbs that are found beneficial in controlling diabetes.
Butea leaves possess anti diabetic properties. They are useful in glycosuria, which is characterized by the presence of a large amount of glucose in the urine. The leaves can be chewed or taken in the form of an infusion or decoction.
Cinnamon is strong stimulator of insulin activity and therefore extremely useful in the treatment of diabetes. A little cinnamon, sprinkled on any food item, can stimulate insulin activity. It helps to keep the blood sugar in check. Besides cinnamon, other culinary herbs and spices that are useful in treating diabetes include cloves, turmeric and bay leaves. Of these cinnamon is the most potent.
Curry leaves possess the qualities of an herbal tonic and are of great food value to diabetics. Eating 10 fresh fully grown curry leaves every morning for three months is said to prevent diabetes of a hereditary predisposition. The weight-reducing properties of these leaves are beneficial in the treatment of diabetes due to obesity. The leaves can be made into chutney or curry leaves juice mixed in buttermilk.
Indian gooseberry (amla) is an ideal food medicine for diabetes. A tablespoon of its juice, mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, taken daily for two months stimulates secretion of natural insulin. It thus reduces the blood sugar level in diabetes. Diet restrictions should be strictly observed while following this regimen. It also prevents development of eye complications in diabetics.
Sweet Potato Leaves
Sweet potato leaves are slightly bitter in taste, and are anti diabetic. They are considered beneficial in lowering blood sugar. About 60 g of fresh leaves or 30 g of dry leaves of sweet potatoes along with 100 g of fresh skin or 12 g of dry skin of ash gourd should be cut into small pieces and boiled in water. This decoction should be taken as tea by diabetics for beneficial results.
Tenner’s cassia helps to lower blood sugar and is therefore, beneficial in the treatment of diabetes. A decoction of the whole plant or buds is used to treat this disease. The powder of the herb along with honey is equally efficient.