- Android Application of Medicinal Plants for Ayurveda Students
- LOHASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- LODHRASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUTAJARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUMARYASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KHADIRARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KANAKASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- JIRAKADYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DURALABHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DRAKSHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DHANWANTARARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DEVADARVYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DASAMULARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DANTYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- CHITRAKASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- CHAVIKASAVAM (Gulmachikitsa) Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- Ayurvedic Treatment for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- BHAGANDARA (FISTULA-IN-ANO) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Ayurvedic Use of Ghritam, Kasisa and Kasthuri
Names:- Latin (English) Ghee
Smriti Buddhyagni Sukra Ojah
Kapha Medo Vivardhanam
Sosha Alakshmi Jwaraapaham
Sarwa Snehottamam Seetam
Madhuram Raspaaka Yoh
Sahasra Veeryam Vidhibhih
Ghrutam Karma Sohasrakrit.
Ghee improves memory, intellect, digestive power, sperm, Ojas, Kapha and Medas. It checks Vaata, Pitta, Visha, Unmaada, Sosha, poverty (Alakshmi) and fever. Ghee is the best of all fats; it is cooling, sweet in taste and also after digestion (Vipaaka). When it is prepared in the proper manner in combination with other drugs, its action improves a thousand fold, (i.e.) it assimilates the properties of the drugs with which it is combined.
Dose:- ½ to 1 oz. used along with articles of diet.
Action:- Demulcent, cooling, tonic and aphrodisiac.
Uses:- It is the best of snehas (snehaanam uttamam) and is far superior to cod-liver oil in tissue-building without its disagreeable smell. It is medicated with other drugs and is used in a number of diseases according to the property of the drug. Its daily use is said to improve complexion, strength and mental powers. It is believed to be an aphrodisiac.
Externally it is much used as an application for burns and wounds of traumatic origin. Satadoutha ghrita, a favourite antiseptic of the Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia, is prepared by churning the melted ghee hundred times with the decoction of Panchavalkalas. It forms a very good dressing to heal up wounds. It is specially useful in highly inflammatory conditions of the skin and as a cooling external application to plague buboes. In combination with Sarjarasa, it makes a kind of butter called Navaneetam, which is popularly used as an external application for burns and ulcers.
Names:- Latin Ferri sulphas
Urdu Hira kashish
Amlam Naata Balasajith
Vishanethra rujah switram
Kaseesam (Ferri Sulphas) is stringent, and acid. It is heating. It checks Vaata and Kapha. It is useful in the treatment of Visha, diseases of the eye, Leucoderma, Kushta and wounds.
Dose:- 1 to 4 grains in pill or mixture with water.
Action:- Astringent haematinic.
Uses:- It is considered in high esteem as a haematinic in cases of anaemi and bloodlessness (Refer Kasisa Basma). It is also given as a substitute for other preparations of iron. For its astringent properties it is given in combination with other drugs in cases of dysentery, diarrhoea and haemorrhage. In certain cases of jaundice and anaemia it is considered as a specific. It improves the colour and vigour of the body by enrichening the blood.
As an external application it is used as a ghrita for ulcers and as a lotion for irrigation of inflamed mucous membranes.
Names:- Latin Musk
Kastoorika Katuh tiktah
Ksharooshnaa Sukrals guruh
Kaphs Vaata Vishacchardu
Suta Dourgandhya doshajit.
Kastoori is pungent, bitter and caustic (Kshaara). It is heating and increases sperm. It is heavy (guru). It is useful in checking Kapha, Vaata, Visha, Vomiting, cold and bad smell.
Dose:- ¼ to 5 grains to be given with human milk, milk, honey, betel leaf juice and honey or in combination with other medicines.
Action:- Stimulant, aphrodisiac, antispasmodic, digestive, brain tonic and is said to improve eye-sight.
Uses:- It is a powerful diffusible stimulant which may be relied on and which does not subsequently depress the patient like alcohol, if given in proper doses and watched. For this purpose it is used in pneumonia, high fevers, cholera, to women after confinement and as a preventive and cure for cold, influenza and other infectious diseases. It is given in almost all Vaata and Sannipaata diseases, and forms the chief ingredient of aphrodisiac and tonic pills. It is one of the popular constituents of the thambula intended as a tonic and aphrodisiac.